Thursday, January 24, 2013

When goodbye comes before hello

I usually write exclusively on this blog about losing Dylan, but, with a broken heart, I'm including another loss. Dylan and Lola now have a brother or sister in heaven. We didn't know we were pregnant until I miscarried this week. What a blow this has been. As if losing one child isn't hard enough, we are now dealing with the loss of another. We didn't even have a chance to get excited about this baby. There was no positive pregnancy test- until it was already over. August 18th would have been the estimated due date. I can already imagine Lola running around, curious of a strange baby in her house. But that baby will never be.

Three pregnancies; only one living child. I will now say that the most disappointing aspect of my life has been trying to have a family. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would lose a child. And after Dylan's death, I prayed that I would never know another loss. It couldn't happen again, right? For some people, their big dreams come true. Seems that for me, it is my worst fears that are realized.

Dylan has a new playmate, which is sadly comforting to me. I have never really worried about where he is; I guess I know in my heart that he's being taken care of. Now I know that he has a hand to hold and someone to play trucks with. If only I could have held that hand, too.

And so we continue our journey, now a family of five. I will continue to hug Lola tightly- I do every day. I know how precious her life is and how quickly it could be taken away from me. I pray that she never knows the heart ache I have experienced as a mother. Being a parent is a very hard job. Being a loss parent is indescribable.

6 comments:

  1. Missy, sadly I know how you feel. I always say that losing Vivienne was more than enough for one lifetime, but then to have additional losses, there's really no way to describe it. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your third child. I'm here for you and sending so much love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Missy and Tom,
    Im so very sorry for yet another loss of a sweet baby of your's.My heart truly is hurting for u both.Im sending u both so much love and tons and tons of loving hugs.Im in tears for u.Sorry if im late.Just saw something.And thought i would check and see.And i was so heart broken to read of your loss.Take care and know im praying for u both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so sorry
    and i love the Dylan on the beach at the bottom of this page

    ReplyDelete